A simple swap for Zero Waste eating out


Today’s tip is a quick and easy Zero Waste swap for anyone on a journey to use less plastic or create less waste in order to benefit the planet.

 Once you do it for a week, it will become your new normal and you’ll feel great about the positive change you have made!

Today’s Simple Zero Waste tip is to carry your own cutlery roll with you instead of using plastic forks, knives and spoons when you eat out.

Did you know in a lot of areas, plastic cutlery cannot be recycled? In my local area we have a yellow recycling bin at home, and I didn’t realise until last year that plastic utensils are not accepted as part of this recycling program. And when I’m eating out - I never see a recycling option for plastic forks, knives or spoons.

 So instead of using plastic utensils, I just use my regular silverware from home. If I’m at home, it means a little extra washing up after parties, but it’s no more than a couple of minutes of additional work. When I’m out and about, I just take a knife, fork and spoon with me - straight out of my kitchen drawer, and I roll it up in a cloth napkin before putting it in my bag. Easy.


Give it a try and let me know how it works out for you!

x Marissa

0 comments:

Post a Comment